What is Dua e Istikhara?
‘Dua e Istikhara’ is a special powerful Dua that has the ability to give solution to the Queries of life problems. Many times, we are stuck in a situation where we are not able to decide for ourselves the correct alternative. We are stuck in a situation where the probability of deciding the correct alternative is 50-50. There are many examples to it. This includes,
- whether I should marry this girl or not?
- Should I do this Job or not?
- Should I give this person another chance in my life or not?
- Will this Business partnership be beneficial for me or not?
Thus, there are thousands of questions that we have in mind daily and we need answer to these questions. For this, there is Dua e Istikhara that can show us or symbolize us the right path.
ALLAH (S.W.T.) has commanded us to ask for His help in every matter and Dua e Istikhara is one of the way to get the guidance from ALLAH (S.W.T.).
Dua e Istikhara to Read
The Dua e Istikhara to read is shown below. Please, do remember that this is a very powerful Dua and each Huroof (arabic alphabet) must be pronounced in a correct manner to get the benefits of this Dua. This Dua is a miracle and shows the true path to the believer. This is the reason that the Sahab of Rasul ALLAH (S.A.W.) used to perform Istikhara before doing any important work or deciding any important manner.
Here is Dua e Istikhara;
اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْتَخِيرُكَ بِعِلْمَكَ، وَأَسْتَقْدِرُكَ بِقُدْرَتِكَ، وَأَسْأَلُكَ مِنْ فَضْلِكَ الْعَظِيمِ، فَإِنَّكَ تَقْدِرُ وَلَا أَقْدِرُ، وَتَعْلَمُ، وَلَا أَعْلَمُ، وَأَنْتَ عَلَّامُ الْغُيُوبِ، اللَّهُمَّ إِنْ كُنْتَ تَعْلَمُ أَنَّ هَذَا الْأَمْرَ- خَيْرٌ لِي فِي دِينِي وَمَعَاشِي وَعَاقِبَةِ أَمْرِي- عَاجِلِهِ وَآجِلِهِ- فَاقْدُرْهُ لِي وَيَسِّرْهُ لِي ثُمَّ بَارِكْ لِي فِيهِ، وَإِنْ كُنْتَ تَعْلَمُ أَنَّ هَذَا الْأَمْرَ شَرٌّ لِي فِي دِينِي وَمَعَاشِي وَعَاقِبَةِ أَمْرِي- عَاجِلِهِ وَآجِلِهِ- فَاصْرِفْهُ عَنِّي وَاصْرِفْنِي عَنْهُ وَاقْدُرْ لِيَ الْخَيْرَ حَيْثُ كَانَ ثُمَّ أَرْضِنِي بِهِ
O Allah, I seek the counsel of Your Knowledge, and I seek the help of Your Omnipotence, and I beseech You for Your Magnificent Grace. Surely, You are Capable and I am not. You know and I know not, and You are the Knower of the unseen. O Allah, if You know that this matter [then mention the thing to be decided] is good for me in my religion and in my life and for my welfare in the life to come, – [or say: in this life and the afterlife] – then ordain it for me and make it easy for me, then bless me in it. And if You know that this matter is bad for me in my religion and in my life and for my welfare in the life to come, – [or say: in this life and the afterlife] – then distance it from me, and distance me from it, and ordain for me what is good wherever it may be, and help me to be content with it.
Whoever seeks the counsel of the Creator will not regret it and whoever seeks the advice of the believers will feel confident about his decisions.
Allah said in the Qur’an: “And consult them in the affair. Then when you have taken a decision, put your trust in Allah.”
PROCEDURE TO PERFORM ISTIKHARA
One can find a lot of information on the internet on How to perform Istikhara through this Dua e istikhara. However, being a spiritual Healer as well, I will write here the method that I have learned from my Spiritual masters.
The method that my Spiritual Master has told me is;
- Perform a two Rak’at Nafil after Isha Salah with an intention to perform Istikhara for a particular thing.
- After completing the two Rak’at, start reading Dua e Istikhara with the intention in your heart.
- Although, several Islamic websites say to read this Dua only once, my spiritual masters have told me to read this Dua 100 times.
- After reading the Dua, one must have conversation with ALLAH asking Him to reveal the signs in the dream
- After that without eating anything, the person just has to go to sleep on some empty bed. The person must not accompany anyone on his bed.
- IN SHA ALLAH, the answer will be revealed in a dream to the individual. If the answer is not revealed, then the person has to continue the Istikhara daily. IN SHA ALLAH, with 3, 7, or 11 days, the answer will be revealed.
- Whatever the dream a person sees, he must immediately note down the dream and ask the interpretation of the dream to the specialist in Islamic Dream Interpretation. For the detailed article on Islamic Dream Interpretation, visit our article on Dream Interpretation.
- If you’re not finding any person to interpret your dream, we are here to interpret it in the authentic way of Shari’ah. You can contact us by filling the contact form.
‘Dua e Istikhara’ is the Sunnah way to ask ALLAH to show the way. Although, the method is already been mentioned to perform the Istikhara, I will rather advice you to take the Ijazah (Permission) of Performing the Istikhara by yourself. Finding the answer through Istikhara is not an easy thing to do. One must always ask a pious Person to perform Istikhara. We also do ‘Istikhara’ and if any individual wants us to perform Istikhara for them, then we are most obliged to do so. You just have to fill the Contact form and give us all your details in the message column including Phone Number and Email. IN SHA ALLAH, we will get back to you instantly. We have a dedicated team of Professionals that perform Istikhara. Thus, by paying a very Nominal fee of $10, we will perform Istikhara for you.
Do remember us in you Dua!
If you find this article interesting, we will request you to comment your views below in the comment section.